Skip to main content

Maths Week

Rotation 1 Monday: I Played Battleships with Danielle and Amber, They both played together first then I played the winner (Danielle).



Rotation 2 Tuesday: I created a small town by connecting the dots and making 3d shapes with Kady, Kirsten and Amber. It was challenging because some shapes were hard to make/look 3d.


Rotation 3 Friday: Today Amber and I were asked to do chalk drawings outside on the track. We did some unique chalk drawings and mixed some cool shapes and colours. 


Rotation 4 Friday: Today I made a small town of Kaiapoi with Amber. We made the library, Subway, clothing shop, Camera shop, clothes shop, ANZ, Barbar shop etc. It was a bit tricky because we only had a little time to complete a small town of Kaiapoi as Amber and I had already done 1 activity that day.


Comments

  1. You had a lot of fun with these practical activities. I love your chalk drawings!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Photography

Long Shot Worms Eye View Close Up Birds eye View Extreme Close Up - What Feeling / ideas have you created?  - I felt Excited, Happy, Wow, To come up with different angles, Peaceful, Scared. - What would I change and why about these photos? - Trying to get the flower picture in focus so it looks more affective and so that if you look at the image you will be able to see every little detail. - What worked well?  - I think the bird's eye view worked well for Sophia and I because the quality of the picture turned out great and the height was just right. - What image was most affective for Sophia and I? - I think the close up (water Fountain) was very affective because you could see all the details and also see the thickness of the water. - What did I enjoy about this? -  I enjoyed being able to try and take pictures at different angles and work as a team with Sophia and come up with different types of pictures to take.

Statistics Term 2

Level 3 Learning Outcomes: - gain information from a variety of data displays. - be aware of the type of data each display is appropriate for and the kind of pattern/relationship it best communicates. - link others’ claims with the appropriateness of displays used. Level 4 Learning Outcomes: - consider features of others’ statistical investigations including appropriateness of sampling methods, quality of data collection, data collection and the extent to which evidence supports claims. Gathering and Analysing Data: How long does it take for each Group 5 student to do 20-star jumps? My Data: 17, 13, 14, 11, 13, 14, 13, 14, 16, 11, 14, 13, 13, 12, 15, 13, 13, 12, 15, 12,   Analysing my data: Smallest to biggest - 11, 11, 12, 12, 12, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 13, 14, 14, 14, 14, 15, 15, 16, 17.  2 11's, 3 12's, 7 13's, 4 14's, 2 15's, 1 16 and 1 17. The fastest time was: 11 The slowest time was: 17 Range: 17 - 11 = 6 Mode: most common was 13 ...