Kaiapoi North School
278 Williams Street
Kaiapoi, 7630
Wednesday 14th February 2018
Ministry of Education
Government Buildings
Wellington
Dear Mr Hipkins,
Hi my name is Breanna Miller and I’m a year 8 student from Kaiapoi North School. I hope you don’t mind me addressing you about my complaint of the cooling in our new buildings.
My first reason for suggesting air conditioning in our classrooms is because room 18-22 all agree that having air conditioning will make a better learning environment to work in. I like the way you give everyone the opportunity to share their own opinions to make students succeed.
Secondly, in truth I think that the lack of concentration is affecting my class and I each day. Because of the heat without some cooling system, less work is getting completed. Do you want to stick to your word? Then please listen to my request.
After playing and getting hotter and hotter at lunch breaks, walking into a humid, muggy class is not ideal. When it’s hotter inside than outside that’s when the grumpy teachers arrive!
Students are worrying more about sandflies and mossies rather than getting their work finished because of the stuffy classrooms. Everyone is starting to stop, Scratch and Slap which puts us off!
One of our school values is to create but we can’t create anything if the heat is affecting our motivation.
To finish would you like to make my last year at KNS much cooler? Thanks for your time and for reading this letter.
Yours Sincerely,
Breanna Millerer.
I love that you have voiced your opinion Breanna and good on you for doing this a very interesting and straight to the point letter well done.
ReplyDelete